As we head into cold/flu season, a common question clients ask is what should I be taking or doing to improve my immune system. At REVIV, along with personalized daily supplement recommendations we also offer IV infusions and IM (intramuscular) injections as a way to hydrate and replenish vitamins and minerals.
You might be wondering how IV or IM nutrition is different from oral supplements you take daily. Oral supplements are commonly found in the form of tablets, capsules, and liquids and are taken by swallowing. When you take a supplement orally, the body has to break down and digest it so it can be absorbed into the bloodstream. By the time your supplements have made it through the time-consuming digestive process, about only 20-30% of those supplements are actually absorbed into the bloodstream.
IV Nutrition is placed directly into the bloodstream, which allows for 90% or more of the vitamins and minerals in the IV to be absorbed and put to work by the body. Along with better absorption, IV nutrition also offers the added benefit of hydration. IV nutrition is a great way to compliment your wellness routine or to help boost recovery following an acute illness. The IV infusion usually takes about an hour for the appointment.
If you are short on time but still want to boost your nutrition, we have you covered with intramuscular injections. You still get the benefit of more vitamin and minerals absorbed into the bloodstream without taking the time to have them infused through an IV.
Current IV Nutrition at REVIV:
- Myer’s Cocktail (Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B complex)
- Quench (Viamin C, Vitamin B complex, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, and Selenium)
- Glutathione (the Master antioxidant)
– Myer’s and Quench are great for hydration and immune support.
– Glutathione promotes immune support and detoxification.
– NAD+ combats mental fatigue and offers anti-aging benefits.
Current IM Nutrition at REVIV:
- For immune support: Tri-Immune Boost (Zinc, Vitamin C, Glutathione), Glutathione, Vitamin C
- NAD+ helps with mental fatigue and is anti-aging.
If you have questions or would like to book your initial IV or IM treatment, please call us at 701-566-5306.