Bursitis is a painful condition that affects the small, fluid-filled sacs — called bursae that cushion the bones, tendons and muscles near your joints. Bursitis occurs when bursae become inflamed.
The most common locations for bursitis are in the shoulder, elbow and hip. But you can also have bursitis by your knee, heel and the base of your big toe. Bursitis often occurs near joints that perform frequent repetitive motion.
Knee and Hip Bursitis’ are notorious for their effect on gait (walking pattern) and can result in associated lower back pain, ankle/foot and arch pain. The longer you wait to resolve the problem, the more chronic it will become.
Shoulder Bursitis’ are notorious for their effect on the movement of your shoulder blades and thoracic spine and always adversely affect the neck. The longer you wait to resolve the problem, the more chronic it will become.
Evaluation and Treatment
- Medical Assessment with our REVIV medical expert who may recommend any or all of the following to restore and preserve function and eliminate the need for surgical or invasive procedures.
- Chiropractic are to the hip, low back, knee and foot/ankle
- Physical Restorative Rehabilitation
- Home Care including: Rest, Ice
- Nutritional support to support the tissue recovery
- HCTP injections
- Trigger Point injections